Is your business HSE compliant? If not then Kernow Oils can help……
HSE compliance is critical for ALL users of industrial Metalworking fluids. The latest guidance places additional responsibilities on companies is to ensure MWFs are effectively managed to minimize risk of occupational health issues in the workplace. Below are the latest HSE guidance in 5 simple steps:
The guidance emphasizes the legal requirements under COSHH legislation for employers to conduct risk assessments including reducing exposure and good fluid management application processes.
• All records of fluid analysis to be kept for at least 5 years
• All records of exposure to Hazardous Chemicals and employee health records to be kept for 40 years
• Prevention of skin contact and dermatitis by use of suitable PPE
• Prevention of serious health issues by reducing exposure and other control measures e.g. LEV, mist monitoring and mist generation
MWF storage in compliance with the Oil Storage Regulations. MWF should be mixed using a mixer unit and good quality water supply.
• Store product in a dry bunded area
• Use industry recognised mixing equipment
• Install water treatment equipment to improve quality where required
The latest guidance outlines specific controls required to maintain fluids
• Concentration- check at least weekly
• pH – check at least weekly
• Tramp oil- check at least weekly. Recommended max limit of 2%
• Swarf/ fines- Risk assessed based on machining
Sorry but we currently have no items in this category, please check again soon.