Castrol Aircol SR 46
VISCOSITY - ISO 46
Synthetic Rotary Compressor Lubricant
The Castrol Aircol SR compressor oil range of premium lubricants are designed for use in rotary screw compressors and are based on polyalphaolefin (PAO) fluids.
Aircol SR is suitable for use in oil flooded rotary screw compressors operating under extreme climatic conditions, harsh environments and severe operating conditions where very high air discharge temperatures (> 100°C) are experienced.
These oils are also suitable for use in compressor units operating at normal operating conditions, with the maximum air discharge temperature =/< 100°C, as defined by ISO 6743-3:2003.
For normal operating conditions, these products can be used for extended drain intervals up to 8000 hours.
Aircol SR range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone, polyurethane and fluropolymer seal materials typically used in compressor units. It is not compatible with butadiene styrene (SBR) or ethylene propylene (EPDM) seals.
Aircol SR is classified as follows:
- DIN 51506 classification – VDL
- ISO 6743/3 – DAG, DAH and DAJ for rotary air compressors
Aircol SR grades meet the requirements of:
- Atlas Copco 8000 hour oil drain interval
- Increased oil service life of typically up to 8000 hours in most systems, depending on the operating environment.
- Very low deposit forming tendency, extends service life of filters and separators.
- Outstanding oxidation stability and antiwear performance providing long lubricant and equipment life.
- Ester-free formulation eliminates the formation of corrosive acids leading to longer equipment life.
- Excellent water separation characteristics allow condensation to readily separate from the oil, minimising the risk of emulsions which could block the oil separator element.
- PAO based lubricant means good compatibility with seals and mineral oil based lubricants, allowing changeover to Aircol SR without compatibility issues.
|46 mm/s² at 40°C
|Applicable to these sectors
|Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Chemicals, Engineered Wood, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals, Mining, Pulp & Paper