High Performance Synthetic Aeroderivative Turbine Oil
Castrol AGT-STD is a lubricating oil with a viscosity of 5 St at 100°C. It is based on high thermal stable neopentyl polyol esters, fortified with carefully selected anti-oxidant, anti-wear and anti-corrosion additives.
Castrol AGT-STD is designed for use on ground gas turbines (aeroderivative) including marine and off-shore installations.
When compared with other oils within the MIL-PRF-23699 G Class STD, Castrol AGT-STD:
- features a much lower volatility at high temperature
- has a higher flash point than oils from competition
- possesses excellent resistance to coking
Meets requirements for use on the following stationary industrial gas turbines:
- General Electric all models (LM 2500, LM 6000, LMS 100)
- Rolls-Royce / Allison / Siemens Avon, RB211, Allison 501K, Olympus, Tyne, Spey
- Meets requirements of SAE AS 5780SPC
- Aero-derivative gas turbines requiring a MIL-PRF-23699 G Class STD lubricant
When switching from one oil brand to another brand within the same specification (within the MILPRF-23699 family), the “top off” procedure is preferred. Experience has shown a gradual transition is preferred to avoid carbon shedding for elastomer seals in the lubrication circuit.
For more details on compatibility, please contact your Castrol representative.