Castrol Alphasyn HG 320
VISCOSITY - ISO 320
Synthetic gear lubricant
Alphasyn HG synthetic fluids are polyalphaolefin based, high performance lubricants formulated with specially selected additives to offer a range of fluids for use in both gear and bearing applications.
Particularly suitable for applications at high operating temperatures and loadings, Alphasyn HG provides superior performance benefits including excellent thermal and oxidation stability and enhanced load carrying ability as detailed below.
Alphasyn HG offers a wide range of performance benefits over a conventional lubricant when used in gear and bearing applications:
- Substantially extended lubricant life.
- Excellent anti-wear, extreme pressure and load carrying properties.
- Superior performance across a wide temperature range and in particular at high temperatures.
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability.
- Low pour point and good air and water separation capabilites.
Compatible with standard seal, paint and hose material, and with Ortlinghaus multi-plate clutches.
Alphasyn HG synthetic fluids pass the standard FZG test (A/8.3/90) with a fail load stage of greater than 12 and also the more severe FZG test (A/16.6/140) at a fail load stage of 11.
Alphasyn HG range passes the ASTM D665B corrosion and ASTM D2893 oxidation tests.
Alphasyn HG range meets the requirements of:
- DIN 51517 Part 3 – Industrial gear oil specification.
- DIN 51524 Part 2 – Industrial hydraulic oil specification.
Alphasyn HG oils are approved and recommended by major centrifuge manufacturers for gear case lubrication and meet the requirements of key marine gearbox manufacturers, including the Ortlinghaus clutch test.