Quaker Houghton Mar-Temp VH 300
HIGH PERFORMANCE VERY HOT QUENCHING OIL-(1SO 6743-14) UHG
MAR-TEMP VH 300 is a high performance very hot quenching oil with normal speed suitable for use at temperatures of up to 220°e. It is based upon solvent-refined mineral oils providing excellent resistance to oxidation.
MAR-TEMP VH 300 has a high flash point and thermal stability and will provide long life under arduous operating conditions.
MAR-TEMP VH 300 is suitable for tempering and heat transfer applications.
MAR-TEMP VH 300 has Rolls Royce approval CSS 184.
MAR-TEMP VH 300 is designed for quenching applications involving extremely distortion-prone components, where a combination of slow cooling to the hot oil quenching temperature (generally 150 – 200°), followed by isothermal holding and subsequent air cooling is necessary to control distortion. The high flash point and excellent oxidation resistance also make MAR-TEMP VH 300 suitable for use at temperatures of up to 220°C for tempering and heat transfer applications.
The controlled slow cooling provided by MAR-TEMP VH 300 over a wide temperature range in the convection stage of the quenching process, makes it ideally suitable for the control of distortion on complex components in higher hardenability steels. There is an increase in cooling rate with oil temperature up to a maximum at 150°C.
- Economic – Lifetime improved provided by excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability.
- Economic – Consistent performance under the most arduous of operating conditions.
- Economic – Uniform quenching characteristics maintained over a range of operating temperatures.
- Economic – Control of sludge formation.
- Operator friendly – Base oil highly refined.
- Safety – High flash point.
- Appearance – Clear brown
- Specific Gravity@ 15.5°C – 0.914
- Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C in mm2/s – 460
- Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C in mm2/s – 32
- Flash Point COC in°C – 270 mini
- Maximum Cooling rate in °Cls @ 80°C – 85
Use as supplied – neat quenching oil application
Product is compatible with the full range of Houghton·s portfolio, especially with the Houghto-Clean and Ensis corrosion protection range. For more information, please contact your local Houghton representative.
Please refer to section 7 of Safety Data Sheets for handling and storage information, including product shelf life. Product should be stored under cover in clean, dry conditions and protected from frost. Recommended storage temperature is usually between 5°C and 40°C unless otherwise specified. Use stock in delivery rotation.
Safety data sheets are available in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1907 /2006 Annex II where a substance or preparation meets the criteria in accordance with Directives 67 /548/EEC or 1999/45/EC.