Castrol Aircol SN 100
VISCOSITY - ISO 100
Synthetic Air Compressor Lubricant
Castrol Aircol™ SN compressor lubricants are formulated using high quality synthetic diesters.
Castrol Aircol SN compressor lubricants are formulated to cope with the severe operating conditions experienced in
rotary screw, rotary vane and reciprocating air compressors operating at high compression ratios and high discharge
temperatures. Under these conditions Aircol SN compressor oils offer reduced carbon forming tendencies and
extended oil life when compared to mineral oils due to their much higher oxidation resistance. In reciprocating units,
Aircol SN grades have up to eight times the service life of mineral oils.
- Superior oxidation stability.
- Improved lubricity and film strength.
- Higher film strength and excellent anti-wear properties.
- Excellent high temperature performance.
- Reduced maintenance, extended oil life and cleaner operations, minimises carbon formulation and provides
extended valve life.
- Reduced oil consumption due to a reduction in the required lubricant feed rate to the cylinder walls and piston
rings without increasing wear rates. Since less lubricant is consumed the delivered compressed air is also of
- Reduced compressor down-time due to less wear on all moving parts, longer machine life and reduced
- The operating temperature range of Aircol SN grades extend beyond that of conventional mineral oils. The high
spontaneous ignition temperature provides greater safety by reducing the possibility of downstream fires and
|Operating temperature||Max. 266°C|
|Viscosity||100 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Product type||Lubricating Oils|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Metal Goods, Metals|