Castrol Aircol SN 68
VISCOSITY - ISO 68
Synthetic Air Compressor Lubricant
Castrol Aircol SN compressor lubricants are formulated using high quality synthetic diesters.
Castrol Aircol SN compressor lubricants are formulated to cope with the severe operating conditions experienced in rotary screw, rotary vane and reciprocating air compressors operating at high compression ratios and high discharge temperatures. Under these conditions Aircol SN compressor oils offer reduced carbon forming tendencies and extended oil life when compared to mineral oils due to their much higher oxidation resistance. In reciprocating units, Aircol SN grades have up to eight times the service life of mineral oils.
- Superior oxidation stability.
- Improved lubricity and film strength.
- Higher film strength and excellent anti-wear properties.
- Excellent high temperature performance.
- Reduced maintenance, extended oil life and cleaner operations, minimises carbon formulation and provides extended valve life.
- Reduced oil consumption due to a reduction in the required lubricant feed rate to the cylinder walls and piston rings without increasing wear rates. Since less lubricant is consumed the delivered compressed air is also of higher quality.
- Reduced compressor down-time due to less wear on all moving parts, longer machine life and reduced maintenance.
- The operating temperature range of Aircol SN grades extend beyond that of conventional mineral oils. The high spontaneous ignition temperature provides greater safety by reducing the possibility of downstream fires and explosions.
|68 mm/s² at 40°C
|Applicable to these sectors
|Automotive Manufacture, Metals