Castrol Almaredge 230 K
High performance soluble metal working fluid
Castrol AlmaredgeTM230 K is a high performance soluble metalworking fluid formulated without boron and
formaldehyde releasing agents. It contains an additive package that helps to enhance machining performance and
surface finish, provide excellent product stability and support reduction of overall operations costs.
Almaredge 230 K is suitable for large central systems and single sump machines.
Almaredge 230 K is especially designed for machining of aluminium alloys. The product can also be used for
machining of low-medium alloyed steel.
- Formulated without formaldehyde releasing agent and boron which help you to fulfil aspects of legislative requirements and waste treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded
- Extended fluid life can help reduce maintenance and machine downtime
- Low foam in recommended water conditions (see details below)
- Good wetting properties can help reduce coolant drag out and help deliver cleaner machine tools and
- Suitable for a wide range of materials and applications provides opportunity for product consolidation
Unit Test Method Value
Appearance Visual Brown
Mineral oil content Wt% Calculated 53
Appearance Visual Milky
pH (5%) DIN 51369
ASTM E70-97 9.6
Refractometer Factor 1.0
General Machining 6-8%
Reaming and tapping 8-12%
Water range 200-1000 ppm CaCO3
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to
store the product indoors between 5°C and 45 °C / 41°F and 113°F.
For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.