Castrol Alphasyn HTX 1000
VISCOSITY - ISO 1000
High Temperature Synthetic Gear Lubricant
The Alphasyn™ HTX gear oil range of synthetic lubricants are based on polyalpha-olefin (PAO) fluids and sulphur/
phosphorus antiwear additive technology providing outstanding thermal stability and good load carrying capacity.
The Alphasyn HTX range has been formulated for use in most types of light to medium duty enclosed gear systems but
should not be used for heavy / shock loaded systems. Alphasyn HTX is also suitable for bearings and circulatory
systems operating at high temperatures.
The outstanding oxidation and thermal stability of Alphasyn HTX allows oil change intervals to be extended in
circumstances where extreme temperatures would result in a short service life if using conventional mineral oil based
lubricants. This allows demonstrable savings to be made by reducing the level of maintenance required.
All products in the Alphasyn HTX range have very low pour points and excellent viscosity/temperature
characteristics, allowing their use in low temperature as well as high temperature applications.
The Alphasyn HTX range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluropolymer seal materials.
Alphasyn HTX is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CLP
Alphasyn HTX grades meet the requirements of:
DIN 51517 Part 3
David Brown Type A
- Good thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable operation and extended operating life when compared to
mineral oil based products.
- Inherently high viscosity index makes the product suitable for operations operating over a wide temperature
- Good antiwear and load carrying abilities including FZG > 12 rating under A16.6/110 test conditions eliminates
wear and prolongs gear tooth life.
- Good water separation and demulsification characteristics means reduced down time through prolonged
lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
- PAO based lubricant provides good compatibility with seals, paints and mineral oil based lubricants.
|Operating temperature||Max. 93°C|
|Viscosity||1000 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Product type||Lubricating Oils|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals, Mining, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper|