Castrol Alphasyn HTX 220
VISCOSITY - ISO 220
High Temperature Synthetic Gear Lubricant
The Alphasyn HTX gear oil range of synthetic lubricants are based on polyalpha-olefin (PAO) fluids and sulphur/ phosphorus antiwear additive technology providing outstanding thermal stability and good load carrying capacity.
The Alphasyn HTX range has been formulated for use in most types of light to medium duty enclosed gear systems but should not be used for heavy / shock loaded systems. Alphasyn HTX is also suitable for bearings and circulatory systems operating at high temperatures.
The outstanding oxidation and thermal stability of Alphasyn HTX allows oil change intervals to be extended in circumstances where extreme temperatures would result in a short service life if using conventional mineral oil based lubricants. This allows demonstrable savings to be made by reducing the level of maintenance required.
All products in the Alphasyn HTX range have very low pour points and excellent viscosity/temperature characteristics, allowing their use in low temperature as well as high temperature applications.
The Alphasyn HTX range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluropolymer seal materials.
Alphasyn HTX is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CLP
Alphasyn HTX grades meet the requirements of:
DIN 51517 Part 3
David Brown Type A
- Good thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable operation and extended operating life when compared to mineral oil based products.
- Inherently high viscosity index makes the product suitable for operations operating over a wide temperature range.
- Good antiwear and load carrying abilities including FZG > 12 rating under A16.6/110 test conditions eliminates wear and prolongs gear tooth life.
- Good water separation and demulsification characteristics means reduced down time through prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
- PAO based lubricant provides good compatibility with seals, paints and mineral oil based lubricants.
|220 mm/s² at 40°C
|Applicable to these sectors
|Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Machinery, Metals, Mining, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper