Castrol Alphasyn T 150
VISCOSITY - ISO 150
Synthetic Gear Oil
The Castrol Alphasyn T gear oil range of synthetic lubricants is based on polyalphaolefin (PAO) fluids and sulphur/phosphorus anti-wear additive technology providing outstanding thermal stability and good load carrying capacity
The Alphasyn T range has been formulated for use in most types of light to medium duty enclosed gear systems but should not be used for heavy or shock loaded systems. Alphasyn T is also suitable for bearings and circulatory systems operating at high temperatures. Alphasyn T is suitable for various applications where a lubricating oil is used under high temperatures, e.g. from hydraulic systems through to large, slow moving gears. All products in the Alphasyn T range have very low pour points and excellent viscosity and temperature characteristics, allowing their use in both low and high temperature applications.
The Alphasyn T range is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluropolymer seal materials.
Alphasyn T is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CL
The Alphasyn T range meets the requirements of:
- DIN 51517 Part 2
- David Brown Type A
- Good thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable operation and extended operating life when compared to mineral oil based products.
- Inherently high viscosity index (VI) makes the product suitable for operations operating over a wide temperature range.
- Good anti-wear and load carrying abilities minimises gear wear and prolongs gear tooth life.
- Reduced down time through water separation and demulsification characteristics resulting in prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
- PAO based lubricant that provides good compatibility with seals, paints and mineral oil based lubricants.
|150 mm/s² at 40°C
|Applicable to these sectors
|Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Chemicals, Engineered Wood, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals, Mining, Pulp & Paper, Sugar