Castrol Alusol SL 51 XBB
High performance soluble metalworking fluid
Castrol Alusol™ SL 51 XBB is a high performance soluble metalworking fluid which is free of boron, formaldehyde
releasing agent and chlorine. It contains an additive package that may help to enhance machining performance and surface finish. It
also provides excellent product stability which helps to lower the overall operational costs.
Alusol SL 51 XBB is suitable for large central systems and single sump machines.
Alusol SL 51 XBB is especially designed for machining of aluminum alloys. The product can also be used for machining
of ferrous alloys.
|Cast Iron||Low-Medium alloyed steel||High-medium alloyed steel||Aluminium alloys||Magnesium alloys||Yellow Metals|
|Milling, turning (general machining)||X||XX||XX||XX||X|
XX suggested core application
X possible application, please consult Castrol representative prior to use
- Boron free to meet boron free waste requirements
- Chlorine, formaldehyde releasing agent and nitrite free which may help you to fulfill aspects of
legislative requirements and waste treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded
- Extended fluid life can help reduce maintenance and machine downtime
- Low foam in recommended water conditions (see details below)
- Lubrication package designed to try to help to enhance tool life and improve surface finish on aluminium
- Good wetting properties can help reduce coolant drag out and help deliver cleaner machine tools and
- Suitable for a wide range of materials and applications provides opportunity for product consolidation
|Mineral oil||40% +|
|Metal type||Aluminum, Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel, Yellow Metal|
|Multi metals suitable||Yes|
|Formulated without Chlorinated Paraffin||Yes|
|Formulated without Boron||Yes|
|Product type||Metal Working Fluids|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods|
General Machining 6-8%
Reaming and tapping 8-10%
Water range 100-800 ppm CaCO3
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. For optimum product stability, store
between 5°C/41°F and 45°C/113°F in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid
water ingress. It is preferable to store the product indoors.
For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.