Quaker Houghton Aqua-Quench 140
Polymer Quenchant for induction hardening applications (ISO 6743-14) UAB
AQUA-QUENCH 140 is an amber, transparent fluid specifically designed for induction hardening applications to minimise residual sticky deposits on equipment and quenched parts, provide resistance to microbial contamination and to extend system life.
AQUA-QUENCH 140 is diluted with water in use and provides extremely uniform quenching characteristics. Compared to simple water quenching, it eliminates steam pockets and high residual stress, and avoids the formation of soft spots and inconsistent mechanical properties. AQUA-QUENCH 140 can be used for a very wide range of induction and flame hardening applications. including the quenching of crankshafts, camshafts, transmission components, starter ring gears and bearings The quenching speed of AQUA-QUENCH 140 solutions can be selected to suit the steel hardenability and component requirements by varying the concentration of the solution.
1% to 5% solutions of AQUA-QUENCH 140 improve the wettability on the component surface thereby imparting a more uniform quench and preventing soft spotting. These low concentrations are generally used for steels of low hardenability.
5% to 20% solutions of AQUA-QUENCH 140 provide a range of cooling rates similar to those of soluble oil emulsions and quenching oils and are used for steels of higher hardenability. The quenching speed of AQUAQUENCH 140 depends upon the concentration and temperature of the solution.
- Economic – Provides resistance to microbial contamination
- Economic – Extends system lifeEconomic – Prevents blockage of spray nozzles and filters
- Economic – Protects systems from corrosion
- Economic – Eliminates steam pockets
- Economic – Avoids the formation of soft spots
- Economic – Provides flexibility of quenching speed
- Operator friendly – Diethanolamine free
- Operator friendly – Minimises sticky deposits on induction hardening equipment and quenched parts
- Environmentally friendly – Nitrite free corrosion inhibitor system
- Safety – No fire risk
- Concentrate Appearance – Translucent amber
- Specific Gravity@ 15.5℃ – 1.07
- Kinematic Viscosity@ 40°C in mm²/s – 104
- pH@ 10% – 9
- Refractometer Factor – 2.33
Use diluted in water.
The concentration of the AQUA-QUENCH 140 solution influences the thickness of the polymer film which is formed on the surface of the component and hence controls the quenching speed. As the concentration increases, thicker films are produced thereby reducing the quenching speed and giving lower maximum cooling rates
Product is compatible with the full range of Houghton’s portfolio. For more information, please contact your local Houghton representative.
Please refer to section 7 of Safety Data Sheets for handling and storage information, including product shelf life. Product should be stored under cover in clean, dry conditions and protected from frost. Recommended storage temperature is usually between 5°C and 40°C unless otherwise specified Use stock in delivery rotation.
Safety data sheets are available in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1907 /2006 Annex II where a substance or preparation meets the criteria in accordance with Directives 67 /548/EEC or 1999/45/EC.