Castrol Hysol ABF 12
High Performance Soluble Metalworking Fluid
Castrol Hysol™ ABF 12 (previously called Cooledge™ ABF 12) is a high performance soluble metalworking fluid which
is boron, amine, chlorine and formaldehyde releasing agent free. It contains a unique additive package that works in
synergy to enhance machining performance and surface finish, provide excellent product stability, improve bioresistance properties and lower the overall operations costs.
Hysol™ ABF 12 is suitable for large central systems and single sump machines.
Hysol™ ABF 12 is especially designed for cast iron and low-medium alloyed steel machining. It can also be used for
machining of aluminium and magnesium alloys.
- Formaldehyde releasing free to comply with health and safety regulations
- Boron free for environmental compliance and improved residue characteristics
- Chlorine and nitrite free to fulfill your local legislation, waste treatment and environmental requirements
- Resists fungal attack to extend fluid life and reduce maintenance and machine downtime
- Low foam in recommended water conditions
- Lubrication package specifically designed to enhance tool life and improve surface finish
- Excellent wetting properties reduce coolant drag out and deliver clean machine tools and components
- Unique multi-functional product for multi-metal operations results in product consolidation
|Mineral oil||40% +|
|Metal type||Aluminum, Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel, Other Alloys, Yellow Metal|
|Multi metals suitable||Yes|
|Formulated without Chlorinated Paraffin||Yes|
|Formulated without Boron||Yes|
|Product type||Metal Working Fluids|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods|
General machining 7-9%
Reaming and tapping 8-12%
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to
store the product indoors between 5°C and 45 °C / 41°F and 113°F.
For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.
This product was previously called Coolegde™ ABF 12. The name was changed in 2015