Castrol Hyspin HVI 46
VISCOSITY - ISO 46
High Viscosity Index anti-wear Hydraulic oils
The Castrol Hyspin™ HVI range of high viscosity index (VI) oils is based on a carefully selected ashless (zinc free)
additive system designed to meet and exceed the most exacting performance standards.
Hyspin HVI oils are intended for severely stressed hydraulic systems requiring a high level of anti-wear performance and
fine filtration. In addition, Hyspin HVI exhibits excellent corrosion protection as well as outstanding thermal and oxidative
stability. Hyspin HVI has excellent hydrolytic stability and separates rapidly from water contamination. Hyspin HVI
contains a shear stable additive system which helps to maintain the viscosity characteristics of the product over a wide
temperature range, even during prolonged use, and imparts a very low pour point which enables the product to be used
in cold environments. The Hyspin HVI range is fully compatible with elastomer materials commonly used for static and
dynamic seals, such as nitrile, silicone and fluorinated (e.g. Viton) polymers.
- Outdoor equipment which are likely to operate over wide temperature ranges, such as machinery subjected to
cold start up conditions and high temperature continuous running. Examples include off-highway and marine
- Indoor manufacturing equipment that incorporates control systems requiring minimal viscosity change with
temperature. Examples include precision machine tools.
Hyspin HVI is classified as follows:
DIN 51502 classification – HVLP
ISO 6743/4 – Hydraulic Oils Type HV
Hyspin HVI grades meet the requirements of:
DIN 51524 Part 3
Cincinnati Lamb (Milacron) P 68-69-70
Denison (Parker Hannafin) HF-0
US Steel 126 & 127
Eaton I-286-S & M-2950-S
- High viscosity index and low pour point enables the product to be used over a wide temperature range. Good
shear stability means no excessive loss in viscosity due to mechanical shearing.
- Excellent anti-wear performance provides extended wear protection for hydraulic pumps. Reduced down time
due to unscheduled maintenance and savings from replacement part costs.
- Excellent water separation and hydrolytic stability means reduced down time through prolonged lubricant life and
increased equipment reliability.
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable performance and extended oil life in severe
applications. Minimal deposit formation gives a cleaner system and reduced frequency of filter changes.
- Excellent filterability characteristics (including in the presence of water) enables cost savings to be made due to
increased filter life
|Operating temperature||Max. 82°C|
|Viscosity||46 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Product type||Lubricating Oils|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Chemicals, Engineered Wood, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals, Pulp & Paper, Sugar, Wind|