Castrol Iloquench 700 Aqua
Water Soluble Polymer Quenchant
Castrol Iloquench 700 Aqua is a polymer quenchant for induction hardening of steel and cast iron. It is an aqueous
solution of synthetic water-soluble polymers of high molecular weights plus an antifoam agent and nitrite free corrosion
Iloquench 700 Aqua has been developed for quenching of steel components in induction or flame hardening applications to reduce the occurrence of warping or cracks.
Typical components treated are crankshafts, gears, axles, transmission shafts, saw blades, rolling mill cylinders, rocker
arms and push rods.
Iloquench 700 Aqua offers a rate of quench which is intermediate between water and mineral oil based quenchants,
which can be varied by altering the concentration.
- Non-flammability of quenching bath, reduce the risk of fire hazards
- Excellent in-process corrosion protection Low foaming
- Improved conditions of work – offers considerable reduction and in some cases elimination of deposits on handling machines and quenched work
- Improved cleanliness of components as the quenchant is water based and easily removed
- Reduced drag out and residue formation
|High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel
|Applicable to these sectors
|Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods
Temperature of bath: 20 – 45 °C
Typical concentrations: – Carbon steel and low alloy steel 5 – 10%
– Medium alloy steel 10 – 15%
– High alloy steel 15 – 25%
The quenching result is affected by many parameters, such as the metal alloy and and the geometry of the part, the required depth of effective quenching and the method of application.
It is recommended to perform preliminary tests on the unit under consideration for optimising the process parameters.
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to store the product indoors between 5°C and 45 °C / 41°F and 113°F.
For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.