Castrol Molub-Alloy OG 936 SF Heavy
OPEN GEAR GREASE SPRAY
Suitable for use with open gears, gearing, sliding surfaces operating in harsh environments. Propellant is propane/butane For the lubrication of open gears in severe service and/or harsh environments.
Outstanding load-carrying capabilities
Provides a tough, durable lubricant film on contact surfaces
Castrol Molub-Alloy 936 SF open gear compounds are open gear lubricants developed specifically for use on heavy-duty equipment in mining and industrial service. They are compounded to give maximum protection to gears and slides on large draglines and shovels while minimizing release of potential pollutants to the environment. A highly refined, viscous, paraffinic petroleum derivative is the foundation of a blended base fluid with excellent natural chemical and thermal stability. Molub-Alloy 936 SF open gear compounds are designed to flow readily to form a durable lubricant film, yet resist squeeze-out and cling tenaciously to gear teeth.
Molub-Alloy OG 936 SF Heavy is suitable for use on all types of open gears, racks and pinions and sliding or skidding applications such as draglines and shovels. It can be applied either manually or by heavy duty automatic systems.
This product is used extensively in mining, construction, onshore drilling operations and on offshore installations, facilitating effective lubrication and protection on:
- Rack and pinion jacking mechanisms
- Cantilever skidding systems
- Mooring winch open gearing and slides
- FPSO offloading systems
- Crane slew ring & pinion
- Exposed threads on penstock valves
- Heavy duty top dressing for the ultimate protection of wire ropes
Molub-Alloy OG 936 SF Heavy complies with the Bucyrus International SD 4713 specification (CAT) and Komatsu specifications for Open Gear Lubricants
- Formulated to address environmental concerns – it is free of solvents, lead, antimony and Barium.
- Forms a tough durable film with a “cushioning” effect, even under extreme pressures and at very slow speeds.
- The film resists erosion from rain or sleet, and resists peeling in dusty environments.
- The film resists destruction by contaminating oils and greases migrating from nearby mechanisms.
|Applicable to these sectors
|Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metals, Mining, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper