Castrol Molub-Alloy Paste HT
High Temperature Assembly Paste
Castrol Molub-Alloy™Paste HT (previously called Optimol™ Paste HT) is a copper-colored, high temperature assembly
paste for thermally loaded screw connections and fits. The extraordinarily good separating ability at temperatures up to +
1100°C/ + 2012°F prevents burning, welding or scaling of connections even for extremely long periods of time.
For screw connections and other connections in the high temperature range up to +1100°C/+2012°F.
- For fittings and instruments even when subjected to very high pressures, corrosion and thermal influences that
require an assembly paste with excellent sealing properties.
- Temperature application range: – 30°C/- 22°F up to + 1100°C/+ 2012°F.
- Easy handling, soft and spreadable consistency.
- Extreme load-bearing capacity.
- Protects against corrosion and scaling.
- Prevents welding, seizing and burning.
- Excellent separating ability.
- Limited resistance to acids and alkaline solutions.
- Good sealing effect.
|Operating temperature||Min. -30°C
|Viscosity||1240 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metals, Pulp & Paper|
Conditions of Use
- Clean surface. Apply an even layer of Molub-Alloy Paste HT with brush or lint-free cloth.
- To achieve a good sealing effect, apply Molub-Alloy Paste HT in sufficient quantity down to the thread root.
- Before assembly coarse contamination should be removed from the threads with a steel brush.
- Molub-Alloy Paste HT is only suited for paste-specific applications – it cannot replace oil or grease lubrication.
- Please avoid mixing with other pastes, greases or oils.