Castrol Optigear Synthetic CT 320
VISCOSITY - ISO 320
Synthetic Gear Oils
Castrol Optigear Synthetic CT 320 is a synthetic polyalphaolefin (PAO) gear oil designed to perform in the most challenging of applications, especially those found in the wind industry. Its high viscosity index coupled with advanced gear oil additives make it an ideal lubricant for gear boxes where large changes in temperature and humidity can not be
Optigear Synthetic CT 320 has been formulated specifically for use in wind turbine gear box applications but it can be used for all types of enclosed gears – including heavy and shock-loaded gears and bearings where EP properties are required. It is suitable for use in gear boxes where micro-pitting resistance is required and for a wide range of applications in extreme environments including mining and quarrying, marine applications, and paper production. Optigear Synthetic CT 320 is fully compatible with nitrile, silicone and fluoropolymer seal materials. Optigear Synthetic CT 320 is classified as follows:
DIN Classification is CLP
Optigear Synthetic CT 320 meets the requirements of:
DIN 51517 Part 3
When compared to more conventional gear oils Optigear Synthetic CT 320 has the following advantages:-
- Maximum protection of gears against wear and shock loading, including protection against micro-pitting.
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability provides reliable operation and extended operating life when compared to mineral oil based products.
- High corrosion protection for gears.
- Inherently high viscosity index makes the product suitable for operations over a wide temperature range.
- Good water separation and demulsification characteristics reduce down time through prolonged lubricant life and increased equipment reliability.
- PAO base provides good compatibility with seals, paints, and mineral oil based lubricants