Castrol Optitemp LG 2 (G)
VISCOSITY - ISO 46
Low-temperature Greases, Compatible with Plastics
OPTITEMP™ LG are fully synthetic lithium greases on a polyalphaolefin base. They are especially designed for the
application at low temperatures and for bearings running at high speeds in the normal temperature range. Good
compatibility with plastics and elastomers.
OPTITEMP® LG 2 is approved according to: VW/AUDI – TL-VW 778 A; BMW – GKM No.0127 403, 0127 473; DBL –
6827.40; Brose – 002-563501-104 group 3; Opel – B 040 0060 for LG 0
- Door lock cylinders and door locks in vehicle construction.
- Rolling and sliding bearings, clutch bearings and wheel hubs for long-term and lifetime lubrication at low
- Bearings running at high speeds (n x dm – factor up to 1 mio.).
- Grease-lubricated sliding surfaces at temperatures from – 50°C/- 58°F to + 100°C/+ 212°F or + 120°C/+ 248°F
- OPTITEMP® LG 0 – due to its soft, semi-fluid grease structure it is especially suited for friction points in precision
- Wide temperature application range:
- OPTITEMP® LG 0: – 50°C/- 58°F to +100°C/+ 212°F
- OPTITEMP® LG 2: – 50°C/- 58°F to +120°C/+ 248°F
- Easy start-up at low temperatures.
- Compatible with plastics such as polyacetal (e.g. “Delrin”) and polyamide (e.g. “Ultramid”)
- Compatible with elastomers based on synthetic materials (e.g. NBR, CR) and NR-base as well as with rubber.
- Do not affect top coat paints e.g. in vehicle construction.
- Optimum wear protection.
- Good corrosion protection.
- Extraordinary water resistance.
|Operating temperature||Min. -50°C
|Viscosity||46 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery|
- Fill bearing housing only about half-full with OPTITEMP® LG.
- Follow the specifications of the bearing manufacturers.
- Thoroughly clean bearing before introducing the initial fill.
- Do not mix with other greases. In case of doubt please consult the Technical Service of Castrol Industrie GmbH as to the compatibility with competitive products.
- OPTITEMP® LG 2 is also available as spray (Art.-no. 09512)