Castrol Performance Bio HE 46 ESU
VISCOSITY - ISO 46
Biodegradable Ester based Hydraulic Oil
The Castrol Performance™ Bio HE ESU hydraulic oil range (previously called Carelube™ HES) are based on carefully
selected synthetic esters, which are highly biodegradable and recommended for use in situations where leakage or
spillage may present a risk of harm to the environment.
Performance Bio HE ESU Range is used as a hydraulic oil for applications in environmentally sensitive areas such as;
near or on waterways, and in the agriculture, forestry, mining and construction industries. The range may also be used
for machine tool hydraulic systems where ester based soluble cutting fluids are being utilised and minimisation of
impact of contamination is required. Carelube HES range is miscible with conventional mineral oil-based hydraulic
fluids and products based on natural esters but, in order to maximise the performance benefits of these products – both
physically and environmentally, either through draining or flushing to minimise residues of other lubricants is
recommended. This range is fully compatible with the elastomer materials commonly used for static and dynamic
seals, such as nitrile, silicone and fluorinated (e.g. Viton) polymers.
Performance Bio HE ESU Range is classified as follows: ISO 6743/4 – Hydraulic Oils Type HEES
Performance Bio HE ESU Range grades meet the requirements (for appropriate viscosity grade) of: ISO DIS 15380
VDMA 24568 Komatsu G3/G4
- Inherently biodegradable so ideally suited for minimising the impact to the environment should leakage occur
(note: local legislation/regulations regarding the clean up of oil leakage/spills should always be followed).
- Environmentally friendly with low aquatic toxicity – rated WGK 1.
- Very high viscosity index gives reliable operation and consistent response across wide temperature ranges.
- Maximum component protection at cold start-up and at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent anti-wear performance and lubricity maximises component life and ensures system reliability.
- Seal, diaphragm and hose material compatibility similar to that of mineral oil, allowing easy changeover without
|Viscosity||46 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Product type||Lubricating Oils|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery|
This product was previously called Carelube HES. The name was changed in 2015.