Castrol Performance Bio HE 46 ESU
VISCOSITY - ISO 46
Biodegradable Ester based Hydraulic Oil
The Castrol Performance Bio HE ESU hydraulic oil range (previously called Care lube HES) are based on carefully selected synthetic esters, which are highly biodegradable and recommended for use in situations where leakage or spillage may present a risk of harm to the environment.
Performance Bio HE ESU Range is used as a hydraulic oil for applications in environmentally sensitive areas such as; near or on waterways, and in the agriculture, forestry, mining and construction industries. The range may also be used for machine tool hydraulic systems where ester based soluble cutting fluids are being utilized and minimization of impact of contamination is required. Care lube HES range is miscible with conventional mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids and products based on natural esters but, in order to maximize the performance benefits of these products – both physically and environmentally, either through draining or flushing to minimize residues of other lubricants is recommended. This range is fully compatible with the elastomer materials commonly used for static and dynamic seals, such as nitrile, silicone and fluorinated (e.g. Viton) polymers. Performance Bio HE ESU Range is classified as follows: ISO 6743/4 – Hydraulic Oils Type HEES Performance Bio HE ESU Range grades meet the requirements (for appropriate viscosity grade) of: ISO DIS 15380 VDMA 24568 Komatsu G3/G4
- Inherently biodegradable so ideally suited for minimizing the impact to the environment should leakage occur (note: local legislation/regulations regarding the clean up of oil leakage/spills should always be followed).
- Environmentally friendly with low aquatic toxicity – rated WGK 1.
- Very high viscosity index gives reliable operation and consistent response across wide temperature ranges.
- Maximum component protection at cold start-up and at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent anti-wear performance and lubricity maximizes component life and ensures system reliability.
- Seal, diaphragm and hose material compatibility similar to that of mineral oil, allowing easy changeover without component modification.
|46 mm/s² at 40°C
|Applicable to these sectors
|Automotive Manufacture, Machinery