Castrol Rustilo 4135 HF
Dewatering corrosion preventive
Castrol Rustilo™ 4135 HF is a solvent-dispersed corrosion preventive. Rustilo 4135 HF displaces free standing water,
and alkaline cleaners with a protective film that provides up to twelve months indoor protection. The thin, slightly greasy
film suppresses fingerprints as well.
Use Rustilo 4135 HF where:
- Previous operations expose the metal to water-containing machining and grinding coolants, cleaners, or water
- Long term indoor humidity protection is needed.
- Protection against an acid atmosphere is needed.
- Ease of cleanability is desired.
- Displaces free standing water and alkaline cleaners with a protective oil film.
- Suppresses fingerprints to protect handled parts from fingerprint corrosion.
- A single coat protects ferrous and nonferrous parts stored in or near acidic environments.
|Metal type||Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel|
|Corrosion protection||Indoor Storage|
|Formulated without Heavy Metal||Yes|
|Product type||Surface Treatments|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals|
Recommended applications For best results and effective water displacement, Rustilo 4135 HF should be applied by
dipping and flooding. Spraying is acceptable if the spray equipment is set to apply an adequate coating.
- The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good
drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
- The full corrosion protection will just be provided when the solvent is completely evaporated.
- “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of
60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a sealed
- “Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or
other form of cover.
- Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and doesn’t have an impact on product
- If required protective films of Rustilo 4135 HF can easily be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process cleaner, all available from Castrol.