Castrol Rustilo 66 VCI
VISCOSITY - ISO 13
Neat Corrosion Preventive Oil with Vapour Corrosion Inhibitor
Castrol Rustilo™ 66 VCI is an oil type protective containing a vapour-phase corrosion inhibitor (VCI).
Rustilo 66 VCI has been specifically designed for simultaneously cleaning and protecting ball and roller bearings. It is
also suitable for the protection of all types of delicate or highly finished engineering products, particularly those, which
contain moving parts and cannot be protected with greasy film coatings.
Rustilo 66 VCI can be applied by immersion in a suitably designed treatment tank, which should be covered when not in
use. It can also be applied by spray
- Free from hydrocarbon solvents, supports compliance with EC Solvent Directive (1999/13/EC).
- Heavy metals free (for example Barium), which may help to fulfil aspects of legislative requirements and waste
treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded.
- Additional rust prevention through Vapour Corrosion Inhibitor. The maximum protection is achieved in
hermetically sealed packs (safe pack).
- Contains no additives which inhibit the even distribution of oil and grease (e.g. silicone)
- Very good age resistance enables long service life and ensures best cleanability even after temperature
- Compatible with most mineral oil and greases
- Shows very good filtering properties
- If required protective films of Rustilo 66 VCI can be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process
cleaner, all available from Castrol.
|Viscosity||13 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Metal type||Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel|
|Corrosion protection||Indoor Storage|
|Formulated without Heavy Metal||Yes|
|Product type||Surface Treatments|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals|
The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good
drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
(*) “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of
60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a sealed pack.
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to
store the product indoors between 5°C and 45 °C / 41°F and 113°F.
Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and does not have an impact on product
quality or corrosion protection performance in most instances.
For more details, please refer to the product safety data sheet