Castrol Rustilo DW 300 X
Dewatering corrosion preventive
Castrol Rustilo™ DW 300 X (previously called SafeCoat™ DW 30 X) is a premium quality solvent deposited corrosion
preventive with excellent dewatering properties.
After evaporation of the solvent, the product leaves an ultra-thin greasy protective film.
Rustilo DW 300 X rapidly removes water from components after electroplating processes, machining with a soluble
cutting fluid, or from parts that have been washed. The product can displace water from very intricate assemblies and
The very thin residual film provides effective short to medium term protection against corrosion during intermediate
storage or transportation.
Although Rustilo DW 300 X can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles
to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
- Good operator acceptance – based on a mild odour isoparaffin solvent
- Heavy metals free (for example, Barium) – this may help to fulfil aspects of legislative requirements and waste
treatment requirements that specify that these chemicals are excluded
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor package suitable for moderate conditions which provides reliable protection of
- Excellent water displacing and penetrating properties which avoids water entrapment and corrosion under film
- Good stability against acidic and alkaline contaminations which enables a long bath-lifetime to help reduce
- Compatible with mineral oils; is suitable for the protection of hydraulic system parts
- Rustilo DW 300 X’s protective film can be removed, if required, by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process
|Metal type||Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel|
|Corrosion protection||Indoor Storage|
|Formulated without Heavy Metal||Yes|
|Product type||Surface Treatments|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals|
The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good
drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
Average drying time is the time until the majority of the solvent is evaporated at ambient temperature and a relative
humidity of 60 – 70%. The full corrosion protection will be provided when the solvent is completely evaporated.
(*) “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of
60%. Increased protection times could be achieved by treating finished surfaces or storing the fully dried parts in a
(**) “Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or
other form of cover.
To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to
store the product indoors between 5°C and 45°C / 41°F and 113°F.
Product must be used in a liquid form. Change in temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and
does not have an impact on product quality or corrosion protection performance in most instances.
For more details, please refer the Safety Data sheet for this product.
This product was previously called SafeCoat DW 30 X. The name was changed in 2015.