Castrol Rustilo DWX 21
Dewatering corrosion preventive
Castrol Rustilo DWX 21 is a powerful solvent deposited corrosion preventive with excellent dewatering properties. The solvent, after evaporation, leaves an oily protective film.
Rustilo DWX 21 rapidly removes water from components subsequent to electroplating processes, after machining using soluble cutting fluids, or parts that have been washed. The residual oily film provides effective short-term protection against corrosion on parts and components during intermediate storage or transportation.
Although Rustilo DWX 21 can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank
- Based on a de-aromatised hydrocarbon solvent – mild odour increases operator acceptance
- Free from heavy metals, such as Barium – improves environmental profile and helps reducing waste disposal cost
- Stable, fingerprint suppressant film characteristics – minimises risk of corrosion
- Excellent water displacing and penetrating properties and high stability against acidic and alkaline
contaminations – enables a long bath-lifetime which helps reducing operational cost
|Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel
|Formulated without Heavy Metal
|Applicable to these sectors
|Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals
- The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
- Average drying time is the time until the majority of the solvent is evaporated at ambient temperature and a relative humidity of 60 – 70%. The full corrosion protection will just be provided when the solvent is completely evaporated.
- “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of 60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a sealed pack.
- “Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or other form of cover.
- Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and doesn’t have an impact on product quality.
- If required protective films of Rustilo DWX 21 can easily be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process cleaner, all available from Castrol.