Castrol Rustilo DWX 32
Dewatering corrosion preventive
Castrol Rustilo™ DWX 32 is a powerful solvent deposited corrosion preventive with good dewatering properties.
The product, following evaporation of the solvent, leaves a soft greasy protective film.
Rustilo DWX 32 is a medium to long term protective for use in severe conditions where a high degree of protection is
required. It is ideal for protection of machined components prior to storage or transportation. The product also shows
good water displacing properties.
Although Rustilo DWX 32 can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles
to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
- Based on de-aromatised hydrocarbon solvent – mild odour increases operator acceptance.
- Free from heavy metals, such as Barium – improves environmental profile and helps reducing waste disposal cost.
- Contains a powerful corrosion inhibitor package suitable for severe conditions – provides reliable protection of
- Good water displacement and penetrating properties and high stability against acidic and alkaline
contaminations – enables a long bath-lifetime which helps reducing operational cost.
- Good mechanical film strength and finger print suppressing properties – highly finished work not damaged by
handling improves product quality.
|Metal type||Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel|
|Corrosion protection||Severe Conditions|
|Formulated without Heavy Metal||Yes|
|Product type||Surface Treatments|
|Applicable to these sectors||Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals|
- The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with
good drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses.
- Average drying time is the time until the majority of the solvent is evaporated at ambient temperature and a
relative humidity of 60 – 70%. The full corrosion protection will just be provided when the solvent is completely
- “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of
60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a
- “Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or
other form of cover.
- Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness or thickening, which is reversible and doesn’t have an
impact on product quality.
- If required protective films of Rustilo DWX 32 can easily be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline
process cleaner, all available from Castrol.
All packages should be stored under cover in a ventilated area at ambient temperature. Where outside storage is
unavoidable drums should be laid horizontally to avoid the possible ingress of water and the obliteration of drum
Rustilo DWX 32 should not be exposed to hot sun or cold temperature conditions < 9 °C.