Castrol Techniclean SC 320
Cleaning Additive for Oil Systems
Castrol Techniclean SC 320 ( previously named Castrol Detergen System Cleaner 320) is an additive to clean oil systems.
Added to the oil before the oil change, Techniclean SC 320’s dispersant additive package softens and removes sludge, lacquer formation, and resin- like deposits. The contaminants are then is kept in suspension and the particles are removed from the system with the oil drain.
Techniclean SC 320 has been designed for cleaning of oil circulation systems and oil reservoirs of engines, gears and
hydraulic systems before oil change without the application of flushing oil or an intermediate oil change.
Furthermore, it provides improvement of the cleaning properties of conventional flushing oils or low-viscosity oils used as system cleaners before the initial fill.
- Cleans oil systems before the oil change.
- Saves costs since flushing oil is not needed and manual cleaning is not required.
- Dissolves sludge residues and deposits into very fine particles.
- Keeps dissolved dirt particles in suspension.
- Cleans machine components from oil residues.
- Cleans systems before the initial fill or after assembly.
- Allows longer service life of the new oil due to clean oil reservoirs.
- Practically no effect on the viscosity of the oils in service.
|Aluminum, Cast Iron, High alloy steel / Stainless steel, Low / Med alloy steel, Non-Metal, Yellow Metal
|Multi metals suitable
|Formulated without Boron
|Applicable to these sectors
|Aerospace, Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Chemicals, Engineered Wood, Machinery, Metal Goods, Metals, Mining, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, Sugar, Wind
User Advice: Add to the oil a minimum of 48 hours before the scheduled oil change.
– add about 5% TECHNICLEAN SC 320 to the lubricant in service
– if the level of contamination is very high or in case of initial application, the volume can be increased by up to 10%
Application of TECHNICLEAN SC 320:
– Add TECHNICLEAN SC 320 slowly into reservoir to insure good mixing of the solution.
The filter fineness should be as high as possible (< 10 μm) so that dissolved particles cannot contaminate the circulating system. When adding TECHNICLEAN SC 320 the filter elements should be carefully monitored.
Dissolved residues may affect the functioning of servo valves or material pairings with close tolerances.
TECHNICLEAN SC 320 is compatible with conventional paints and sealing materials. Maximum efficiency at + 60°C, max. + 120°C.
Storage: To avoid product deterioration always keep the container/drum tightly sealed. Store the product in a cool, dry place away
from direct sunlight. Prevent exposure to frost and avoid water ingress. For optimum product stability, it is preferable to
store the product indoors between 5°C and 45 °C / 41°F and 113°F.
For more details, please refer the product safety data sheet.
This product was previously named Detergen System Cleaner 320. The name was changed in 2015.