Castrol TLX Plus 204
Diesel engine lubricants
Castrol TLX Plus is a range of high performance lubricants incorporating an advanced additive technology formulated to
overcome the adverse conditions seen in engines with low oil consumption and operating with varying heavy fuel
TLX Plus has been developed for use in highly-rated medium speed diesel engines for marine propulsion and power
generation applications. TLX Plus is available with 20, 30, 40 or 50 BN, and SAE 30 and 40 viscosity grades to suit
differing fuel sulphur content and engine builders’ requirements.
- Good wear performance.
- Good thermal & anti-oxidation stability.
- Good protection against corrosion in the presence of sea water.
- High load carrying properties of FZG 12 for anti-wear performance.
- Excellent anti-foam properties.
- Tolerant to water contamination.
- Meets API CF specification (as tested with 20 BN variant)
|Density @ 15°C,
|FZG Gear Test A/
The TLX Plus range of oils holds approvals or letters of no objection from the following major medium speed engine
manufacturers (Wartsila Deutz, MAK, Bergen, Daihatsu, Yanmar, Niigata, HHI Himsen).
All packages should be stored under cover. Where outside storage is unavoidable drums should be laid horizontally to
avoid the possible ingress of water and the obliteration of drum markings. Products should not be stored above 60C,
exposed to hot sun or freezing conditions.