Castrol Tribol GR 1350-2.5 PD
VISCOSITY - 2900 mm/s² at 40°C
High Performance Bearing Grease
Castrol Tribol™ GR 1350-2.5 PD (previously called Optipit™) is a lithium soap based grease with an extremely high
viscosity base oil containing the advanced MicroFlux Trans (MFT) additive package.
The Microflux Trans additive technology provides optimum wear protection and an extremely low coefficient of friction
even under extremes of pressure, vibration, shock loads, at high or low speeds or varying micro-smoothing of the friction
surfaces. Under severe load, components of the MFT additive combination are activated and diffuse into the surfaces,
initiating an improvement of their friction characteristics through plastic deformation.
The organic reaction products become a component of the tribopolymer system. Unlike the case with conventional
lubricants, the tribopolymers formed by MFT are long-chained compounds with excellent lubricity and adhesion. This
means that the load carrying area is improved and that a hydrodynamic lubrication film is easier to maintain. This unique
physio-chemical reaction achieves a non-sacrificial micro-smoothing of the friction surfaces.
Tribol GR 1350-2.5 PD is especially suited for rolling and sliding bearings in dusty and humid environments. It builds a
stable grease collar at the bearing edges, supporting the seals to prevent penetration of dirt, water and other
contaminations. Tribol GR 1350-2.5 PD enables a hydrodynamic lubricating film even at low speeds.
Developed for the lubricantation of anti-friction and plain bearings running at low speeds which require extremely high oil
viscosity, or operate in wet and dusty atmospheres found in applications such as:
- Mining, especially open-pit mining
- The steel industry/tube mills under heavy shock loads and vibration
- Equipment exposed to sea water, in harbours, and on ships and drilling platforms
- Yaw gear on wind turbines
- Water and dirt repellent – the grease is still effective in adverse environments
- High load bearing capacity – enables the extension of operationg periods even under high loads whilst still
maintaing optimum wear protection.
- Establishes a protective layer of MFT – this additive system can effectively increase the load bearing area,
therefore reducing unit pressures, operating temperatures and wear which can increase service life of both parts
- Improved bearing surfaces for longer service life result from the ‘running in’ effect of MFT
- Extremely low coefficients of friction – energy savings and reduced noise levels
- Good adhesion due to high oil viscosity – the film coating stays on the surface
- Reduction of running-in period
|Operating temperature||Min. -10°C
|Viscosity||2900 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Applicable to these sectors||Cement, Chemicals, Metal Goods, Metals, Pulp & Paper, Wind|
In order to minimise potential incompatibilities when converting to a new grease, all previous lubricant should be
removed as much as possible prior to operation. During initial operation, relubrication intervals should be monitored
closely to ensure all previous lubricant is purged.