Castrol Tribol GR HT 2
VISCOSITY - 460
Tribol™GR HT 2
Castrol Tribol™ GR HT 2 (previously called Optitemp™ HT 2) is high performance grease for long-term lubrication of
rolling and sliding bearings at high operating temperatures as well as at normal or medium bearing pressures.
Tribol GR HT 2 is light-colored.
- For thermally loaded rolling and sliding bearings such as fan bearings in the textile, wood, plastics and food
industries, also in stove furnaces found in the automotive industry
- For steam-heated calender or drying cylinder bearings
- As sealing grease for labyrinth seals at high temperatures
- For the application in slightly acidic or alkaline atmospheres
- Optimum wear protection in the high load range
- Extremely good load bearing capacity
- Excellent aging and temperature-resistant properties
- Structurally stable
- Resistant to cold and hot water, limited resistance to alkalis and acids
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Pumpable in central lubrication systems
- Temperature application range: – 20°C/- 4°F to + 160°C/+ 320°F. In case of life-lubricated bearings the
temperature of + 150°C/+ 302°F under normal conditions should not be exceeded. Short-term operation at higher
temperatures is possible – please consult our Technical Service.
|Operating temperature||Min. -20°C
|Viscosity||460, 680 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Cement, Metals, Power Generation|
Please follow the bearing manufacturer’s specifications.
Do not mix Tribol GR HT 2 with other lubricating greases. In case of doubt please consult the Technical Service.
Thoroughly clean bearings before introducing the initial fill.
Fill bearing housing only about half-full with Tribol GR HT 2