Castrol Tribol OG 500-0
VISCOSITY - 500 mm/s² at 40°C
Spray Grease for Open Gears
Castrol Tribol™OG 500-0 (previously called Castrol Tribol™ 5000) with TGOA is a high-performance open gear grease.
It was especially developed for application in cement, mining and other heavy industries, to assure proper tribo-technical
and economical maintenance of open gears through automatic spray systems.
Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 differs from conventional asphaltic type open gear lubricants, as it does not contain solvents
It has outstanding extreme pressure (EP) antiwear characteristics derived from the latest development in the field of
surface improving additives designated TGOA.
The TGOA additive package performs better than other EP and antiwear additives because of its unique action on
Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 is approved by major original equipment manufacturers.
- Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 is manufactured from mineral oil, selected for optimum physical and chemical
stability, blended with special adhesive agents and thickened with aluminum-complex soap.
- The TGOA additive package is activated by high specific loads and corresponding temperatures causing a
chemical-physical reaction. This results in an equalization of surface roughness without creating abrasion.
- Therefore, surface roughness is reduced without the loss of surface material.
- The results of the TGOA additives can be compared with a rolling process in the micro-range. The surface
roughness is gradually leveled and smoothed.
- The load carrying area is increased with increased safety loads on tooth flanks at reduced friction levels.
- If, because of shock loads or stop-and-go operation, surface roughness peaks redevelop, the TGOA additive
package is automatically reactivated. Surface roughness is again equalized and lubrication optimized.
- Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 is a high-performance lubricant for open gears, wire ropes and similar applications.
- Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 was developed for application through automatic spray systems, but may also be
applied manually. Heat or the addition of thinners is unnecessary.
- Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 is recommended for the use on slow-moving, heavily loaded open gears.
- It is also used to lubricate rack-and-pinion gears, wire ropes, slides, cams and other machinery in mills and
mines and other heavy industries.
- Temperature range: -20°C up to + 120°C, +140°C intermittent.
- Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0 forms a very tough lubricating film on friction surfaces.
- This stable film offers excellent resistance to high loads even at slow speeds. In the FZG special test for grease
(A/2.76/50) Castrol Tribol OG 500-0 reaches a scoring load stage of >12 with an extremely low specific wear of
- No additional wear on pistons or plugging of nozzles of automatic spray systems, as Castrol Tribol™ OG 500-0
does not contain solids.
- Regeneration of damaged frictional surfaces can occur on a microscale range.
- The lubricant film is resistant to weather and environmental influences.
- The stable protective lubricant film is easily and economically applied through automatic dispensing systems
over a wide temperature range: -20°C up to + 120°C, 140°C intermittent.
- Increased life of machinery and lubricants.
- Extended lube intervals, reduced consumption and consequential reduction of maintenance and repair costs.
|Operating temperature||Min. -20°C
|Viscosity||500 mm/s² at 40°C|
|Applicable to these sectors||Automotive Manufacture, Machinery, Metal Goods|
- CASTROL TRIBOL OG 500-0 should not be mixed with greases of a different thickener.
- Relubrication intervals should be adjusted according to operating conditions